Ruby on Rails Developer
Full-time. Work from anywhere! Flexible working hours
At Brainstorm Force, we love working with Ruby on Rails as it allows us to be highly productive while our team stays small. We believe in always finding the most elegant way to build our product.
As part of a small group within a young company, you will work on various projects over time, but you can expect that:
- You’ll work on our main Ruby on Rails codebase that handles the SaaS application and APIs.
- Within a few weeks, you’ll become responsible for significant projects that will improve product by building new critical features in our existing services. Over time, you’ll help expand our product line.
- The systems you code will process large amounts of data, and you’ll need to find solutions that do not become bottlenecks.
- You’ll get a high level of autonomy in your work and help shape future development efforts.
Here are some of the tasks you will work on right away:
- Implement OAuth2 so that our WordPress plugin can authenticate with our API.
- Build out a reports dashboard for our merchants to view high level store metrics.
Must have skills
- You have multiple years of experience working with Ruby on Rails, and you enjoy working with Ruby.
- You have full stack expertise developing large-scale products and solid experience working with SQL databases – a bonus for PostgreSQL.
- You have experience designing and implementing automated test suites for complex applications – a bonus for Rspec.
- You have expertise with Git and Github.
- You’re confident you can have a high level of autonomy and enjoy making decisions for yourself.
- You’re excited to take ownership of projects, set directions, and make calls. You’re able to communicate clearly with your colleagues.
- You have experience in remote working. You’re comfortable working primarily with asynchronous communication and don’t need a lot of handholding or supervision.
- You have experience working with Turbo and leveraging HTML over the wire.
- You have experience working with Heroku, Redis, and Sidekiq.
Who are we?
We are a team of designers, developers, and marketers.
As one of the most successful WordPress product companies globally, we have built an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionizing how people create websites and save money, time, and stress to empower web professionals to make beautiful websites faster than ever.
Our talented team creates products that help web professionals improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of individuals worldwide ( India, US, UK, Philippines, Indonesia, Serbia, Romania, and more) work with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious driven people who value open communication and processes. 🌍
What do we offer you?
We believe in working closely and bringing the best out in each other. We’re a fun, supportive, and creative group of individuals. We’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary. 💸
- Work from anywhere.
- An opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team of adept WordPress developers.
- We don’t micro-manage. Manage your own time as you see fit. 💁
- Work on the latest technologies. Very close to the pulse of the newest WordPress development and technologies.
- Flexible work environment – We believe that people work best when they have the freedom to work from wherever they choose. We don’t care where you are so long as you get the work done.
- Fun atmosphere – let your hair down now and then. Work with interesting people from various backgrounds.
- Challenging tasks – Equip yourself by tackling new challenges.
- Limitless ability to grow within the company. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years and continue to grow and learn along with us.
- We promote entrepreneurial thinking and action. At BSF, it is a career, not a job! 😎
- Learn something new every day – Grow your career with bright possibilities.
- Fitness Motivators – we take fitness quite seriously; join us in our fitness journey. 💪
Sounds like a good fit?
Want to apply for this position? Just fill in the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you.
The hiring process
- Fill up the form on this page
- A couple of quick emails and voice call with HR
- Interview with the Technical Team
- A formal job offer
We look forward to hearing from you! ✍