Senior Quality Analyst
Full-time. Work from anywhere! Flexible working hours.
If you are an enthusiastic person who has an eye for detail and wants to learn and explore various possibilities, the magic you can create using WordPress, come to join our WordPress Testers team.
Brainstorm Force is currently building WordPress themes & plugins that are available publicly for download as products. As a WordPress Tester, you will be working with a knowledgeable and dedicated team known for world-class products like Astra, Schema Pro, Convert Pro, Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg, Ultimate Addons for Elementor, Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder, Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer, etc.
What you will be doing
- First & foremost, to be an excellent QA, you need to have decent technical expertise.
- Review the code developed & suggest code improvements to the developer.
- Suggest usability/UX-related suggestions.
- Should have a good understanding of performance testing, responsive testing, browser testing (cross-browser compatibility).
- Secondly, write excellent Bug Reports – you should be able to communicate efficiently with the developers!
- Report issues/bugs as effectively as you can – however big or small it is.
- Report the issues as descriptively and thoroughly as possible in a clear & concise manner.
- Making sure that the reported issue is fixed and it doesn’t produce a duplicate bug.
- Lastly, You should be innovative, productive & organized!
- Excellent communication skills, both written as well as verbal
- Prepare a comprehensive QA checklist and a higher-level overview of what you’re planning to test, in what order, and when.
- Prepare documentation (with the help of writers) for a better user knowledge base.
- Taking initiative to start a meeting. Regularly meet the Project Manager / Team Lead / Developer; get your questions answered; set expectations; and schedule milestones!
- Involvement in open source projects, such as WordPress Testing.
- Develop and maintain test automation as and wherever required.
What must-have skills we are looking for
- Can read and analyze frontend/backend code
- Can develop an understanding of business and problems customers try to resolve
- Likes to learn
- Is a geek
- Can submit PR for minor things
- Has an eye for details
- Is very well organized
- Has good taste in design
- Fights for good UX
- Has the ability to write clear & engaging docs
- Has exceptional follow up skills
What we expect good to have
- Learn & understand project management tools, such as ASANA, Trello, etc.
- Should be proficient in G-Suite
- Has reasonable control of Git.
- BrowserStack tool
- GitLab Continuous Integration
- About website performance improvements
- About website launch checklist
- To have reasonable control on the Query Monitor plugin, Blackfire, PHP Performance Testing tool.
Who are we?
We are a team of designers, developers, and marketers.
As one of the most successful WordPress product companies globally, we have built an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionizing how people create websites and save money, time, and stress and empower web professionals to make beautiful websites faster than ever.
Our talented team creates products that help web professionals improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of individuals worldwide ( India, US, UK, Philippines, Indonesia, Serbia, Romania, and more) work with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes. 🌍
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary. 💸
- Work from anywhere.
- An opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team of WordPress experts.
- We don’t micro-manage. Manage your own time as you see fit 💁
- Work on the latest technologies. Very close to the pulse of the newest WordPress development and technologies.
- Flexible work environment – We believe that people work best when they have the freedom to work from wherever they choose. We don’t care where you are so long as you get the work done.
- Fun atmosphere – let your hair down now and then. Work with interesting people from various backgrounds.
- Challenging tasks – Equip yourself by tackling new challenges.
- A limitless ability to grow within the company. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years and continue to grow and learn along with us.
- We promote entrepreneurial thinking and action. At BSF, it is a career, not a job! 😎
- Learn something new every day – Grow your career with bright possibilities
- Fitness Motivators – we take fitness quite seriously; join us in our fitness journey. 💪
Sounds like a good fit?
Want to apply for this position? Just fill in the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you
The Hiring Process
- Fill up the form on this page.
- A couple of quick emails and voice call with HR
- Interview with the Technical Team
- A formal job offer
We look forward to hearing from you! ✍