Employment type: Full-time
Roles and responsibilities
- Review the code developed & suggest code improvements to the developer.
- Suggest the usability/UX related suggestions.
- Should have a good understanding of performance testing, responsive testing, browser testing (cross browser compatibility).
- Report the issues/bugs as best you can – however it's big or small.
- Report the issues as descriptively and thoroughly as possible in smart possible manner.
- If an addressed issue is fixed, they should wait till it gets thoroughly confirmed. Because there might be the chances that it may create another related issue.
- Should have good communication with team members and good writing skills.
- Prepare comprehensive QA checklist and a higher-level overview of what you’re planning to test, in what order and when.
- Prepare documentation (with help of writers) for the better user knowledge base.
- Take initiative to start meeting. Meet the Project Manager / Team Lead / Developer; get your questions answered; set expectations; and schedule milestones.
- Involvement with open source projects, such as WordPress Testing.
- Develop and maintain test automation as and wherever required.
Required KRAs for quality analyst
- Isn't too good with frontend / backend code, but can read it and analyze it
- Can develop the understanding of business and problems customers try to solve
- Likes to learn
- Is a geek
- Can submit PR for minor things
- Has an eye for the details
- Is very well organized
- Has a good taste of design
- Fights for good UX
- Can write good English
- Has good follow up skills
Expected to learn
- Learn & understand project management tools such as ASANA, Trello etc.
- Should be proficient in daily used apps like Gmail, Google Sheets etc.
- To have a good control on Git.
- BrowserStack tool
- GitLab Continuous Integration
- About website performance improvements
- About website launch checklist
- To have a good control on Query Monitor plugin, Blackfire, PHP Performance Testing tool