WordPress Support Manager
Full-time. Work from anywhere! Flexible working hours
What you will be doing
- Respond to support questions about the Astra theme and other products in our help desk software HelpScout.
- Monitor support qualities, workflows, processes, etc., and ensure customers receive a quality response on time.
- Hang out in the WordPress.org forums, social networks, website comments, etc., by being massively friendly, helpful, and valuable.
- Keep watch on Slack channel discussions & resolve blockers for colleagues.
- Evaluate critical tickets & respond to them on priority as a responsible responder.
- Coordinate with developers over customer-reported bugs, features, and cool new stuff.
- Review help desk software reports & conduct 1:1s and other meetings.
- Keep the team motivated to achieve desired results.
- Review documentation and keep them up-to-date with the latest updates. If needed, write quick documents.
- Help HR team onboard new talent by interviewing them & setting up onboarding processes.
- Be an integral & active part of the Brainstorm Force team.
What must-have skills we are looking for
- Empathy for customers: People generally write in to support because they are frustrated; as a support person, it’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
- Patience and understanding with customers: Ability to make technical things non-technical. In support, it’s often the case where you need to explain a technical concept to someone who isn’t technical at all; explaining this in a non-patronizing way, in easy-to-follow plain English isn’t easy! But that’s what we need.
- Ability to make a difference: We have hundreds of customers who write to us daily. As part of the support team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
- Passionate about providing excellent support
- Fluent English (spelling and grammar)
- Experience in leading customer delight team
- Experience in working with WordPress products
- Familiar with tools like HelpScout, Jira, Github, Slack, etc.
- Understanding and ability to write custom CSS.
- Understand and the ability to write HTML.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- A curiosity to learn and grow.
What we expect good to have
- Ability to write and understand PHP.
- WordPress plugin development experience.
- WordPress theme development experience.
- Previous remote working experience.
Who are we?
We are a team of designers, developers, and marketers.
As one of the most successful WordPress product companies globally, we have built an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionizing how people create websites and save money, time, and stress and empower web professionals to make beautiful websites faster than ever.
Our talented team creates products that help web professionals improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of individuals worldwide ( India, US, UK, Philippines, Indonesia, Serbia, Romania, and more) work with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes. 🌍
What do we offer you?
- Competitive pay. 💸
- Work from anywhere.
- The opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team.
- We don’t micro-manage. Manage your own time as you see fit 💁
- Flexible work environment – We believe that people work best when they have the freedom to work from wherever they choose. We don’t care where you are so long as you get the work done.
- Fun atmosphere – let your hair down now and then.
- Challenging tasks – Equip yourself by tackling new challenges.
- Limitless ability to grow within the company. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years and continue to grow and learn along with us.
- Learn something new every day – Grow your career with bright possibilities
- Fitness Motivators – Join our #FitSharks cult to be a part of a journey to boost your fitness. 💪
Sounds like a good fit?
Want to apply for this position? Just fill in the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!
The hiring process
- Fill up the form on this page.
- A couple of quick emails and voice call with HR
- Interview with the Head of Customer Delight
- Paid assignment (If required)
- A formal job offer